- Basics of Lasers and Laser Light
- Laser Beam Injuries
- Non-Beam Hazards
- Laser Hazard Classes
- Standards and Regulations
- Laser Safety Engineering
- Laser Hazard Evaluation
- Laser Program Administration
- Control of Laser Hazards
Each area in the course content is broken up into small modules allowing you to take the training at your convenience. Most modules contain a brief quiz but some do not. Attendees have 14-days to complete the training starting from the first login.
- ANSI Z136.1 “Safe Use of Lasers” standard (optional; if purchased, shipped separately – not required to begin training).
- Course Notes
- EASY-HAZ™ LSO hazard analysis software
- OSHA Technical Manual on Laser Safety Programs
- LSO Resource and Reference documents including sample SOPs, sample written program, self-audit forms, inventory and accident report forms
- Printable Certificate of Completion
All course materials are available online except the ANSI Z136.1 standard. EASY-HAZ™ LSO hazard analysis software runs as a workbook and requires Microsoft Excel for Windows 2003 or later. EASY-HAZ™ LSO is not supported on the Mac platform. EASY-HAZ™ LSO software, OSHA Technical Manual and Reference and Resource documents are available for download.
*ANSI Z136.1 “Safe Use of Lasers” standard is optional. If you do not want/need a standard please select the pricing option without the standard.
Minimum Computer Requirements
- A broadband internet connection.
- A current/recent version of a web browser for your device. For desktops & laptops, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and Safari (on Macs) are recommended. For handhelds, Safari on Apple and Chrome on Android devices are recommended.
- Speakers to hear the audio.