Laser technology has revolutionized the world of medicine. The use of lasers has made possible many treatments and procedures that no one dreamed of before lasers came along. Given the wide variety of laser applications and their increasing role in health care, it is essential that health care professionals understand fundamental information regarding lasers and their safe use.
Focal Points Interactive Training for Medical Laser Safety
FOCAL POINTS offers a user-friendly training program that medical laser safety officers can use to effectively train their staff. The ANSI Z136.3 Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care standard, as well as the Joint Commission and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), require training for personnel as a component of any laser safety program.
Considering the wide variety of laser applications and their increasing role in health care, it is vital that health care professionals understand fundamental information regarding lasers and their safe use.
This cost-efficient and effective training tool will cover the following objectives relating to medical laser safety:
- Achieve fundamental competency with the use of lasers in medicine
- Understand the basics of laser physics
- Learn about different types of Health Care Lasers Systems and how they are categorized
- Become familiar with the nature of the interaction of laser radiation and biological tissue
- Understand the potential hazards posed by medical lasers and the control measures used to ensure safety